1. How EXACTLY does the down payment/initiation fee/community fee work? How and when is it refundable? Is it adjusted for age and health? Is it adjusted for size of the apartment?
2. What happens if the resident runs out of money? Does the CCRC spend down from the deposit? What happens after the deposit is exhausted? Does the resident have to leave the community?
3. Who provides the medical care on the campus? What happens if the resident needs medical care off campus? Is transportation provided? Is the resident accompanied by CCRC staff? Who pays for what?
4. Is the CCRC financially solvent? With whom is it affiliated?
5. Finally, look at the community in general. Does it seem like a good cultural, social, financial, and medical fit?